Saturday, July 11, 2009

READING A LITTLE OF THIS BOOK HAS CHANGED MY LIFE!

Hello friends!

The summer is ticking away day by day! Lots of great fun and many memories being made with my crazy family! We spent the night at my dads house last night. I woke up extremely early this morning, before a single person even rolled over to catch another few hours of sleep!

As I was making some coffee I spotted my dads Bible on a nearby table and noticed a piece of paper hanging out of it. I opened the bible to the piece of paper and was blessed to read a note I wrote to my dad a few years ago. It stated......

Dad,

Reading a little of this book each day has changed my life! As you read Exciting things will happen! Make time dad, 10 minutes a day and you will see! Do not miss out dad!

When God thinks of you dad, I bet He sees your compassion, devotion to others and your tenderness. But He is also looking for your eagerness to read His word!

I pray great things will be in store for you in 2005! I love you so much dad!

A great place to start is the Book of John or Psalms!
Proverbs 1:7
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge
BUT fools despise wisdom and instruction"

Love, Heather

I then looked at the inside cover of the Bible and noticed a note from my son Ben. It said.......

Pa Pa,
This is the BEST book! Read a tiny each day and watch how Real God becomes in your life
Love, Ben


I was blessed this morning by these little notes and God reminded me of Psalm 1:1-3 It talks about how BLESSED the man is who delights in the law of the Lord! It explains to us that we will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water. That brings forth its fruit in season. Whose leaf shall not wither; And whatever he does SHALL PROSPER!

God does want to reveal great things to us and He wants to prosper us in GREAT ways. We often MISS it and wither because we have not spent time in His word. I have been guilty of being to busy. But I have also experienced the withering seasons because of my business! I have discovered the stress of life is not worth it!
I have also heard many friends tell me "The Bible thing is not for me" well, the Lord tells us in His word that in this world we will all have troubles and tribulations. ALL of us will experience hard times. But He is waiting to be our sheild and hear our voice! Its all in psalms chapter one!
If you desire to turn to Him during your withering season I promise you will realize how personal God wants to be in your life and how he can take our withering times and prosper us in great ways! We will be less likely to say "Its not my thing" but you may be convinced He is "Your ALL in ALL"
I was so excited to let my Dad know how real my God is! I am that excited to share this note again with you in a personal way!
Enjoy the summer friends! I am off to the Plymouth Art in the Park!
Blessings,
HEATHER

The fall bible studies are being put together at all locations great stuff is coming!
Also Our Fall Ladies Large Event with great speakers the theme is "Wonder Women who are Wonderfully made" does anyone remember wonder women and or Linda carter???( I will keep you posted on more info VERY SOON, Its Gonna be a WONDERFUL weekend!