Thursday, July 16, 2009

MY TWO HORSES

Don't you like my homemade clip art!


The "WILL" of God is like a cart pulled by two horses. Their names are MIND and EMOTIONS. You must get both horses moving in the same direction to move the cart forward.



I have been pondering this little saying for the past month and sharing it with many women. It has really helped me in my walk and desire to understand and stay on the path of Gods plans for my life! But often my mind and emotions can begin to go in many other directions. Am I the only one?

I have friends ask all kinds of questions like..... What is Gods plans for me? How do I even get moving forward in them? I wonder who God has for me as a mate and when I will find him? What will I be when I get older? What is going to happen with our finances? My husband was just diagnosed with cancer what will the outcome be? I hope to find the perfect job? the list goes on and on.................................

Well I believe our answers will come together when we focus on the saying above. We have to train our two horses, mind and emotions. Now as we all know horses are very, very strong animals yet very trainable. So in the same way is our minds. In 1 peter 1:13 it tells us to gird up our minds. We have to discipline our minds by taking all loosely flowing thoughts, speculations and opinions and train them to be in the same MIND which was in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 2:5

As I pondered a horse I was lead to Psalm 32:8-9"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go. I will guide you with my eye. Do not be like a HORSE or like a mule which have no understanding, which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, else they come not near you.

In order to get a horse moving forward a bit and bridle is needed. It is used to put pressure points on specific areas of the horse so the direction of the horse can be controlled. The horse then moves in a forward direction as the rider pulls on the reigns!

I am so in need of the bit and bridle to train my mind! The pressure points in the mouth help the horse stay moving with control in a forward motion. The word of God to me is a huge pressure point to keep me moving forward. I feel the reigns tugging at my heart and adjusting me accordingly, so I stay moving forward with HIS thoughts and plans. The bridle on my head helps me stay focused. I am often lead in different directions from family, friends, old habits, attitudes, emotions and more. Just as a horse can get SPOOKED so can we! Things come in our pathway daily that make us question life sometimes, we can have that fight and flight mentality too! BUT GOD can pull on our reigns and regain control if we desire and allow Him the complete control! We need to trust the rider of our life. A horse learns to gain trust in their rider . Just as we need to trust in the plans God has for us. Some of us need to even begin to understand that God has a great plan for us!

If a horse cannot trust a rider it will never get to the point of pulling a cart! That really amazed me, if we cannot begin to trust and grow in a relationship with Jesus our rider and owner, we will never pull the cart of Gods DREAMS for our lives!

I hope you desire to move forward into Gods great purposes! So much adventure is on the path of this life! The questions on the pathway of life that we don't understand will not SPOOK us if we have trained our minds to trust our owner! Ephesians 4:23 "be renewed in the spirit of your mind and that you put on the NEW man which was created according to God."





Remember he will instruct and teach you in the way you should go! psalm 32:8





Blessings
Heather!
Let me know how the training is going!
My horse can get pretty wild at times! LOL!