Monday, April 13, 2009

It is Finished! Good Friday

I have been pondering this past week why such a painful and heart wrenching day would be called "Good" friday. As I was reflecting and teaching from a passage in the bible all this week, it became more clear to me why it is truely a "Good" friday.John 19:28-30"After this, Jesus knowing all things were now ACCOMPLISHED, that scripture might be fulfilled, said, "I thirst!" Now a vessel full with sour wine was sitting there; they filled a sponge with sour wine. Put it on hyssop, and put ot to his mouth. So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said. "IT IS FINISHED!" and bowing his head, He gave up His spirit."

Have you ever came to a point in life when you said "I am Finished!"Finished with the headache of a marriage, loss of job or not finding a job, a never ending health problem, a family or friend relationship that is ended or the loss of a loved one. I know we will all experience sour and painful situations in our lives. These times really leave us feeling thirsty, empty, dried out and weak. It is true that on Good friday Jesus felt the same pain and hurts you and I do. Life can bring on some very challenging situations, that make us want to say "I am finished and I cannot go on any longer."

I looked up the word finished in my hebrew/greek dictionary to get the perspective of Jesus language. It was stunning to me that when Jesus said "It is FINISHED" he was saying IT is ACCOMPLISHED!". So in the middle of his painful, sour and thirsting situation He was saying something was Accomplished!

As I refelected on my past this week I was reminded of a very hrad time I had in my marriage in which I said, "I am FINISHED". I was not thinking at this time that something was being accomplished! It was over in my mind. I also met with many women in the past few months that are in various trials that make them say "I am Finished!"

What a great reminder today that God is taking or Bad situations and turning them into Good! That is why it is GOOD Friday! Jesus Stepped into our finished and desperate situations to bring us HOPE and Life abundant. Take a look at the first sentence in the passage above. It states that Jesus knows "ALL" things. This means that He understands our entire situation. He went to the cross to Work it out for us and make all things GOOD! He is the only one that can ACCOMPLISH something for us in our needy situations. When saten tries to FINISH us off with fear, anxiety, worry, doubt and shame. Jesus steps in and Accomplishes what Satan thiks He is finishing in our lives! It states in the bible that we do not need to be afraid or dismayed and to remember that the battle is not yours but Gods.

I am so thankful that God did a real work in my marriage. What was dead he brought back to life! He took my good friday and accomplished amazing things in my life. My sour and thirsting situation was given HOPE! I believe the Lord wants to accomplish so much for us all. They Key is to recoggnize what He did for all of us today. He wants to do exceedingly and abundantly more then you can ask or think in your life. (Ephesians 3:20).

Take a look at the cross today and realize that Jesue died for your Destiny! He has Direction and a Destination for you! Ask Him and he will lead and guide you in the most personal way! He is so Good!

Remember that when we think it is finished, He is stating "It is getting Accomplished" He works all things together for good!

I hope you have a blessed "GOOD" friday and that this inspried you to dream big with God! He has Big Dreams for you! May you have a Happy easter too!

He is TRUELY RISEN,

Heather Baxter

please check up the spring/summer updated WOW(women of the Word) website: www.hiswow.net

I also am starting a Blog. I will be writing a few times a week to encourage you as God encourages me. Please check it out and let me know you stopped by!

Thanks and love ya all!