Thursday, March 26, 2009

O R E O



Hi Friends!


I want to say that I am so very excited about this New opportunity to communicate with many friends! I hope to hear from you as you leave comments with me and share your thoughts back! I love being inspired by all your thoughts!



I was so excited to speak last friday march 21st at the first Mother/Daughter Lock-In! I shared my O R E O devotion with the many moms and daughters!
I handed everyone an OREO and asked them what was the Best part of an OREO? Most all agreed it was the yummy cream filled center. I think its fun to carefully scrape it out with your teeth without breaking the wafer while watching a good flick.


Think about the yummy center part of an OREO representing the Plans and purposes God has for each of us! Jeremiah 29:11 states "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This is the center of the OREO! Now to get to the center you have to peel past two wafers! What do these wafers represent? Lets look at the word O R E O................



OPPORTUNITY God is always working around us desiring to draw us to himself. He positions many opportunities around us so we can join Him.



RESPOND Everyday we make choices. We respond to opportunities good and bad. The devil is ALWAYS distracting you from God given direction with "his" dazzling opportunities. Pay close attention to your surroundings, the Lord is always at work around us and so is that sneaky devil.



EXPERIENCE God wants us to Experience Him personally in our lives. God wants you to have excitement, adventure, thrill and more. remember, this is the yummy part of the oreo that we referred to as the purposes and plans of God! Have you personally tasted and seen that the Lord is so good? This is relationship and not a religion.



OBEDIENCE This is key. We need to choose Christ Daily and then he begins to bring us into the blueprint he has already written for us! That is the best place to be. Any other place equals STRESS! so remember this great verse...... Deuteronomy 30:19 "I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses, therefore CHOOSE life, that both you and your family may LIVE!



Now may you always remember how God is at work around you when you eat an OREO! He wants us to experience the yummiest stuff in our life. God bless you and don't eat to many oreo's!



Blessings,
Heather Baxter

hbaxter@hiswow.net