Monday, January 27, 2014

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS

The reading below was taken from today's bible reading, click the link above in the tool bar to follow the planned daily readings for the week! 

Exodus 16-18

New International Version (NIV)

Manna and Quail

16 The whole Israelite community set out from Elim and came to the Desert of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month after they had come out of Egypt. In the desert the whole community grumbled against Moses and Aaron. The Israelites said to them, “If only we had died by the Lord’s hand in Egypt!There we sat around pots of meat and ate all the food we wanted, but you have brought us out into this desert to starve this entire assembly to death.”
Then the Lord said to Moses, “I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions. On the sixth day they are to prepare what they bring in, and that is to be twice as much as they gather on the other days.”





At the very end of today's devotion I will share the step by step instructions to follow for your counter top make over! 
_________________________________________________________________


To make today's reading very simple... God speaks through Moses to remind the people that he will protect, provide and supervise iF AND ONLY iF they follow the directions.

Same is true today.
 God has so much He wants to pour into our lives but we need to do things His way. Following directions can be very difficult because that usually means things need to CHANGE in our lives. 

Change is hard.

I personally have a hard time following the Godly outline but when I sit and grumble God will help me to realize that He only gives these rules so I can  experience the BEST in this life. He is for me not against me! 


 Instructions are given to us by a loving Heavenly Father. When they are obeyed our lives will be more fulfilling, less complicated. Our challenges and problems will be easier to bear. We will receive the Lord’s promised blessings. 

He has said, “The Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days.”2
You have but one life to live. Keep it as free from trouble as you can. 
God loves us so very much and He knows we grumble about life and make mistakes but He loves us unconditionally and will try to reach us in our personal places. 
I always remind my teenage son that obeying God can be tough. However, No matter what God loves everything about you and He will find a way to reach you even if you walked away. 
Following Gods instructions seems stifling for a teenager. They cant party, swear, get drunk or sleep around or tell white lies. It feels like God has cut the fun out of their lives. Rules are imporatant and God only gives us basic instruction to save us from learning things the hard way. We all do wrong things and God is not up there waiting to Spank us around.
 He is truly up there pleading with us to obey and avoid a life of crashes and mess ups. God is not just a set of laws He wants to walk life out with you and me and help us steer through life. Could you imagine the roads with no traffic laws?
He provides His instructions out of love and the desire to rain down spiritual blessings. 
Focus on Gods real love for you and then following His law will come naturally.
God used Moses in today's reading to teach His people some of the reasons they needed to obey instead of grumble. God never walked away from them,  He continued to provide while reaching and yet teaching! 
I am glad God never gives up on me! I struggle with following directions from time to time however, I have seen the hand of God in my life and that Glory reminds me of His blessings and it gets me turning around every time! 
Following directions can bring about the greatest change! 
This devotion reminded me of a recent home improvement project.
I really wanted to update my old formica countertops in my kitchen without spending to much money. 
I bought a kit from home depot and followed the instructions step by step.
The instructions brought about the most beautiful transformation! 
Take a look! 


 So in the first step we taped off and created boundaries! Sometimes Gods law can feel like we need to tape off things in our life.



Shout out to my amazing husband! 


Following all the instructions! 






It's a beautiful transformation. If you purchase the GianiGranite.com
kit the instructions are so simple and you can do this! Just follow the instructions and enjoy a beautiful solid transformation! 
It has 3 easy steps and a video to help you see everything in full detail, the kit cost me 78.00 and covered 35sq feet! 
Enjoy and just follow the instructions! 
Blessings friends!