Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A TRUE TREASURE



I LOVE to go to my annual local flea market each spring!

 This morning as I took out my favorite antique crystal bowl that I FOUND at the market a few years back...
an excitement came over me for the upcoming spring event.
I love to go searching for all the hidden treasures!

ITS MY THING

It’s about finding pieces that tell a story!

 Flea markets are fun because they are the ultimate treasure hunt.
 Be open to the fact that you never know what you’ll find. The most beautiful, quirky, funny, scary pieces may not have any value to another yet scream "buy me to you"  whether it’s a wonderful old table that evokes your grandmother’s house, or it makes you smile because it’s your favorite color.
 For me, it’s about looking at a room and wanting to create a comfortable, cozy atmosphere that is stylish but works well for your family and makes you feel happy. Trust me I have interesting pieces.

   The searching for pieces at a flea market reminds me lately of the same search I have seeking God's word to find a promise that I treasure for my story.

Something I can cling to and cherish and make my own.

The DESIRE and hunt  to know God’s ways – which comes from a desire to know His word.

 God first reveals something in the promises of His word to us to allow it to stir our hunger for truth.

If we reach for it and dig like finding treasures  God draws us deeper into His truth.

The one who lifts up his or her voice for understanding is the person crying out in prayer to know God deeper. It’s not merely offering a passing prayer, but praying from the hunger of our hearts to know God deeper.

God stores up wisdom for you in your personal treasure box- the heart.

These TREASURES are buried deep in His word and deep within God’s presence.

 The one who searches and keeps on searching will find it.
This is the secret of intimacy with God. God hides it for the purpose of being found, but only by those who truly desire to know Him.

PROVERBS 2:4
And if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure NIV

PSALM 119:11NKJ
 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against Yo

What promise are you holding onto like a  treasure today?

Blessings