Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A PURPOSE IN THE PAIN

TODAY'S DAILY BIBLE READING CLICK HERE!





When you were first saved, God began a new work in you; but you were certainly not a finished product. You had a lot of growing to do. God started something in you, and He is the one that will complete it.

The Bible says in Philippians 1:6, “… He which hath begun a good work in you will COMPLETE IT."


I want to take a minute and encourage my friends that may be finding themselves in positions of adversity or failure, God has a plan for you!

Many times when things end on a bad note we count it as a loss and walk away with guilt and anger. I want to speak vision upon you today, please use this time as an opportunity to see God advance your life and situation. God has a plan for you so I urge you to not drift away from His mission.

My entire life changed during my marriage trials. I was made even more complete in Jesus and found my true purpose and calling in this life. Now I am not saying my marriage is forever complete and perfect but I am complete in Christ Jesus.  Now friends, my marriage would be the best if my husband liked to shop and sit in coffee shops while talking for hours but those are his least favorites. 
 The differences we have should not be what completes us. The purpose we have together in Christ is what gives us purpose and a mission together!

Let me share  5 things that Purpose during the pain has done for my life.

1. A PURPOSE motivated me in several areas of my life.
    I wanted to become stronger physically and spiritually.

2. A PURPOSE helped me keep my priorities straight.

3. A PURPOSE began to develop my potential in areas I did not see God working and preparing me for.

4. A PURPOSE will give you power to live in the present.

5. A PURPOSE will help you evaluate your progress.

God will enable you to stay on mission and see your purpose no matter where we find ourselves in this life.

A sense of PURPOSE works on you.

Purpose during your pain will help develop a positive attitude within you and that attitude will determine your altitude.


Let me share a personal example, I was reminded of this yesterday when I prayed and mentored with a hurting women over her marriage.

During a crisis point in the marriage it's normal to think that everything that was good is now over.


 I was at this point 12 years ago. I sat completely broken, hurt and devastated. I wondered how my dream wedding ending like this......
However God had a purpose for my entire life and I allowed Him to get into the cracks which then gave me a new sense of purpose. It placed my attitude above the pain of the marriage situation. (this took time my friends)

 I promise you will smile in the battle!


The battle will then become a victory because it brought me closer to the heart of God.

I pray friends you find a sense of purpose in the battle. God will complete everything in a perfect way if you surrender to Him.

God has a plan in place of your pain. Its more important to revitalize your purpose then to focus on the past. This will motivate you to carry out your mission no matter what!

Have a blessed day friends


If you would like me to pray for you in a specific way please email me heather@hbministries.com