Wednesday, July 27, 2011

UNDER YOUR UMBRELLA

JULY 27th READING




I AM BACK...
REFRESHED and FUELED!

I took some time off to spend with family, complete my first book and work on making things fresher for HB MINISTRIES

I know God is cutting away in areas of my life right now to prepare me for something better soon to come. I have been reminded this past month and during my break that the higher calling and blessings often exacts a high price.
God is all about aligning your desires so that He can accomplish the impossible in your life.
I have struggled this past month with my flesh, I have ADHD in many ways!
(Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Focus and discipline do not come easy for me  
BUT the deeper calling of wanting what God wants has kept me committed and unstoppable.

Before we visit today's brief devotional, I encourage you to visit the new website http://www.heatherbaxter.com/. A special thanks to a  Kari for shaping and creating all of this the past month.

You will notice also that we now have 2 blogs.

The first is still Drawing closer to the heart of God,  with a NEW fresh look but still provides the daily bible reading, devotionals and on line bible studies.

The second blog is titled EVERYDAY ANSWERS and in this blog you will find a variety of topics with biblical answers for life's most difficult circumstances.

The homepage of my website will change frequently with a new featured topic created just you! This months topic is on EQUIPPING AND PREPARING FOR YOUR DIVINE DESTINY! Please pass this along to friends and family.

God has more in the works for the fall and I look forward to sharing new opportunities for you very soon!

Lastly if you or a friend is looking for a speaker for an event this year, I would be thrilled and honored to share my faith and passion while encouraging others to experience their purpose in Christ.
Take a look at the many TOPICS and event ideas that I host. I am open to whatever God has for your special event!

Thanks again for taking time and viewing the new website and blogs, please email me any time with suggestions or needs. HEATHER@HBMINISTRIES.COM, I would love to hear from you!


Today's bible reading explains perfectly why I do the things I do! In Acts chapter 27:27-44,(click the date at top of post to view entire reading online)
 God used Paul to be a umbrella of protection covering many heads. Paul was occupying a tossing ship durin a terrible storm. Paul held the umbrella of Faith and obedience while becoming the influencer to several on board of that ship.



Life is like a ship and we will all experience storms with crashing waves. Many are looking for answers or umbrellas of safety in the midst of their personal storms.

Paul encouraged me today to lead by example, model with the right attitude and stay focused on the objectives not the obstacles.

Paul spoke boldly about his faith and obedience to Christ because He knew God needed him to be an influencer. God needed him to be an umbrella holder.

Today we all live on our own personal ships. Our children are on board along with family, friends and co-workers. When hurricane winds begin to blow the crew on board will look for an umbrella of blessing in the midst.


God has graciously given you many lives to sail with. Are you able to offer an umbrella of protection from destruction?

God loves you whether or not we are obedient, BUT the quality of our lives is dramatically affected by our response!

Do you have a friend holding an umbrella that provides you with safety and Godly encouragement?



God has a plan for your life my friend, may we learn and be encouraged today through a man named Paul, to examine our personal ships.
May we also take a look at who is under our umbrella and how we are being influenced!